So you're looking for the best icariin supplement for your health but are feeling perplexed by what's on offer and what will get the job done. Well you have landed on the right page because the following article is going to show you precisely what angles to consider when choosing the best and most effective icariin supplement.
The following article will analyze which factors surrounding icariin supplements actually matter. This will include looking at the 'different methods of intake', 'percentages of icariin available', 'ideal dosage' and the 'current best icariin supplement available in terms of beneficial health effects'.
Which Is The Best Intake Method For Consuming Icariin
There are a number of ways to consume icariin and these include raw Epimedium/Horny Goat Weed leaf, extract in tablet form and extract in capsule form.
- Raw Epimedium/Horny Goat Weed Leaf: What is meant by this intake method is to simply purchase Epimedium plant leaves, then either mash said leaves in boiling water in order to make a tea-type drink or to grind the leaves up into a powder substance and consume them dissolved into a drink or dish of food.
- Extract In Tablet Form: Tablets containing icariin (i.e. Horny Goat Weed tablets) contain an extract powder that has been formed/compressed into a tablet, meaning that it is not lose powder within a capsule shell. This method of intake is absolutely fine however there has been evidence to show that the compression process involved with producing tablets can actually damage icariin flavonols rendering them less effective.
- Extract In Capsule Form: This refers to either gelatin or vegetarian capsule shells filled with loose Horny Goat Weed extract powder that in turn contains active icariin flavonols. This format of intake has proven to be the most effective out of the three, this is because A) The supplement consists of a concentrated Horny Goat Weed extract as opposed to a raw leaf that isn't of any particular concentration, and B) It has not been compressed to form a tablet and so all the extract icariin flavonols remain fully active and undamaged.
Percentages Of Icariin Available
This is an interesting one because essentially you can purchase icariin supplements that contain anything from a mere 10% of icariin flavonols right on through to 98% icariin flavonols. One would think that this is a very simple factor in getting the best icariin supplement in regards to benefits obtainable, however percentage is probably the trickiest of all the factors because high percentage figures do not translate directly to impressive health gains.
For the general population i.e. those who don't work in the herbal supplement industry, it is a given that most people are entirely unaware of something referred to within the herbal supplement industry as 'main active ingredient loss as a result of over-extraction'. What this means by definition is that; when a plant is extracted, the process involves separating the desired active/beneficial ingredient from the plants original structure, be it the leaf, stem, flower, root etc. This is fine to a certain degree, however if the intensity of the extraction strips out too much of the plants natural structure then the active ingredients can in some extracts be rendered useless because some active ingredients require a certain level of the plants natural structure to remain intact in order for those active ingredients to remain active and effective.
With regards to Epimedium/Horny Goat Weed plant parts, icariin flavonols can be extracted from the raw material up to a percentage of approximately 70% at which point the active icariin flavonols become stripped out of the 'Epimedium plant elements' required to maintain the the effective nature of icariin flavonols. For this reason it has become widely established that purchasing any icariin supplement that contains an extracted percentage of icariin flavonols at 70% or above is a risky purchase as the likelihood is that the majority of the icariin flavonols contained within the extract will have been rendered inactive.
Ideal Dosages Of Icariin
When it comes to getting the correct dosage of icariin it can be quite complex as manufacturers will often states their milligram per capsule/tablet in different formats. There are two main formats of measurement stated on Horny Goat Weed supplements:
- Whole Plant: This measurement format is the one in which will seem inflated and sometimes unbelievable because this refers to the weight of the plant per capsule before the plant has actually gone into the process of extraction. For example if a supplement manufacturer uses one Epimedium plant leaf per capsule and the leaf weighs 2 grams then they may state that the product is 2,000 milligram per capsule/tablet. The weight of the actual extract however may just be 100mg per capsule/tablet.
- Plant Extract: This is the more realistic and sensible way to state the dosage per capsule/tablet as this is simply the weight of the actual Horny Goat Weed 'extract' powder per capsule/tablet, far less confusing for the average consumer.
The above may not always be stated clearly on the packaging of the icariin supplement in which you are looking at, therefore if it is not stated simply contact the manufacturer/retailer to get a definite answer.
The correct dosage in terms of both safety and the average human body's metabolism rates is different for both men and women:
- Icariin Dosage For Men: The average man who is of a healthy weight will require between 800mg and 1,000mg of actual Horny Goat Weed extract per day. The milligrams of actual icariin flavonols will vary depend on the icariin percentage of the supplement being taken.
- Icariin Dosage For Women: The average woman who is of a healthy weight will require between 400mg and 600mg of actual Horny Goat Weed extract per day. As above, the milligrams of actual icariin flavonols will vary depend on the icariin percentage of the supplement being taken.
Which Is The Best & Most Effective Icariin Supplement Currently Available
The most effective percentage of icariin extract currently available is 60% icariin Horny Goat Weed extract and within this percentage level of purity, the best supplement available on the Horny Goat Weed market is currently icariin 60™ by World A.B.S brand name. Icariin 60™ ticks all the correct boxes in terms of it being made exclusively of 60% icariin 'extract' and it being in 'capsule' form. It also comes in a daily dosage that is ideal for the average male (3 x 300mg capsules of 60% icariin extract per day) and is also ideal for the average female (who can benefit to the same extent as a male from taking just 2 x 300mg capsules of 60% icariin extract per day).
Icariin 60™ is known mostly for it's benefits in the bedroom and at the gym but people who take this supplement are learning that its range of benefits is vastly more expansive including: increased bone health, reduced anxiety, anti-depression and reduced fatigue.
To learn more about what 60% icariin Horny Goat Weed can do for your health, please click the following link: